Client Choice Food Pantry
- Emergency Food Pantry (3-4 day supply)
- Grocery Store setting
- Empowers clients to pick and choose a variety of foods
- Serves more than 650 families per month with food
- No Cost
Over the years NECM has built lasting relationships with donors and businesses that continually help to keep our food pantry shelves stocked and ready to serve. Organizations such as Costco, Family Fare, Forest Hills Foods and Panera Bread have all provided us with the resources to serve and provide for our community. Relationship with Plainfield and Alpine Meijer Stores ‘Simply Give’ Program, together with community donors and matched by Meijer Corporation generates gift cards that are given to NECM to purchase food to keep the food pantries well stocked. NECM also has established a relationship with Spartan Nash for its ‘Scan Hunger’ Campaign.
NECM is grateful for its ‘Support Pantries’ that provide direly needed food to support its efforts. The Support Pantries are:
St. Alphonsus Roman Catholic Church
Food Pantry Locations and Operating Days and Times:
NECM (in New City Church):
Location: New City Church, 214 Spencer St. NE Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Open: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9AM-12:30PM
Leonard Terrace Senior Citizen Food Pantry:
Location: Leonard Terrace Apartments, 1315 Leonard St. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Open: 4th Tuesday of the Month, 9AM-12 Noon
Diabetic Food Pantry:
Location: NECM (in New City Church), 214 Spencer St. NE Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Open: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:00 AM-12:30 PM (by appointment)
First time pantry visitors please bring
- A picture ID for every adult living in your household (Michigan Driver’s license, or State ID).
- If address is outdated on ID, please bring in a current utility bill, lease or official piece of mail (less than 30 days old).
- Birth Certificate, School Records or immunization record.
- Proof of Income (current income tax return, paycheck stub, Medicaid cards, unemployment stub, etc.)
Volunteers are the heart of the food pantry and help run it day to day. Lending a helping hand and offering their time to assist in meeting the needs of the community, is a great way to volunteer and get to know our clients. If you would like to get involved, please visit our page today to receive more information.
The food pantry is always in need of items to keep the pantry stocked.
- spaghetti sauce
- fruit juice
Personal care items:
- bar soap
- toilet tissue
- shaving creme & shavers
Clients: If you bring in your own bag, you can receive 1 extra item of food!