Holiday Giving Network
NECM screens over 400 families in the holiday season for Christmas food baskets, for our clients to receive a basket or gift card. NECM coordinates with area churches, organizations and individuals who would be willing to adopt a family or two and provide them with a food basket, or are linked with the Salvation Army. Families can also register their children for toys and/or gifts provided through Toys for Tots or Salvation Army Angel Tree.
Holiday Baskets are a wonderful way to provide a holiday meal for those in need, that would not otherwise have a nice Christmas meal.
How do I adopt a family? Call NECM at 454-1097 or e-mail us and ask for a provider sheet. Instructions and family information will follow.
Example of suggested Holiday Basket Items:
- Meat- turkey, ham, or chicken
- Potatoes-fresh, boxed, or canned
- Vegetables- fresh, canned or frozen
- Fruit- fresh or canned
- Dessert- frozen, cake mix, pie mix and filling, or whipped topping
- Gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pickles, or olives
Additional items you may include:
- Beverages- coffee, tea, milk
- Salad fixings and dressing
- Peanut Butter
- Personal Care items- soap, shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste, detergent, dish soap, etc.
How to Receive a Holiday Basket:
Income guidelines must be met in order to qualify for a basket.
You will need to bring in the following:
-Positive picture ID for every adult in the household with current NE address. If outdated, bring in at least 2 official pieces of mail showing a current NE address
-Birth Certificates for children
-Medicaid Cards or W-2 if you work outside the home. If not on Medicaid, bring in a declaration page of other assistance you are on, such as Social Security, Food Stamps, etc.